Thursday, June 7, 2012

Letter S week- Lesson Plan

I think I might have gone a bit over board with our S week.  There were just soo many great activities that just had to include as many as I thought we could handle!  The main thing to think about when teaching the letter /s/ sound is that blends with the letter s are great since they still say the /s/ sound.  (Blends are letters that when put together still say both sounds but they are just blended together) For example- the /sn/ in "snail" or /sl/ in "slime".... you still hear both sounds when you say the word.  However, the /sh/ is a phoneme because when put together, they make a completely new sound.   So try and stay away from shark or shells because they don't really say the /s/ sound that we are trying to introduce.

Here is our Ss week Lesson Plan  


How to decode our weekly plan- 

(2)- Things I have planned for my two year old
(4)- Things I have planned for my four year old

Yellow- Things to print out (some black and white that students will either cut or color, and some color printed items that I have laminated and ready to use year after year)

Green- Activities that will need some prep time or prep materials.  


My pinterest Ss board

Our Weekly Plan- Letter Ss

PRESCHOOL
Monday
(snake)
Tuesday
(spider)
Wednesday
(sand)
Thursday
() 
Friday
(stars)
Centers



Letter of the  week

Make the Letter Ss in sand
Story time


Art

Math



Science
Color time
Food





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes