Thursday, October 18, 2012

P is for Pumpkin


Fall is one of my favorite times of the year!  Here is a short three day week P is for Pumpkin Lesson Plan guide.  There is something for everyone so just pick the activities that work for you and your little one(s).  

(Green are activities that need materials and yellow are printable activities.   Each activity activity is linked back it it's original source)


Our Weekly Plan- Letter Pp
PRESCHOOL
Monday

Wednesday

Friday

Centers
Letter of the  week



Art
Pumpkin handprint
Math
Spin and graph (spinnergraph)
Color time

Food




Day 1- 

This required a little creativity since, for the life of me... I couldn't find little pumpkins anywhere! SO... we used orange muffin cups.  Also, I forgot to get kernels so I just opened up a microwave popcorn bag and washed the kernels in soap in a colander.  
Oh my word, the butter that was coating those things was unreal!!  

I really liked this activity because both my 2 year old and 4 year old liked it, it occupied their time for a good 20 minutes, and more fine motor practice! 



Great for recognizing differences and working on making circles or x's.  


My oldest loves to see an example when making a craft.  
We painted the outsides of the plate, let them dry, cut out the center, went outside and grabbed a couple of leaves, took a pipe cleaner and rolled it around a pencil to make the vine, and used a toilet paper roll for the stem!  Very cute and simple craft that we already all the materials right at home to use.  






Pumpkin size sort for the 2 year old and Spin and Graph for the 4 year old 



My oldest HATES to color!  So I was so proud of him when he actually finished his entire page! 


 

For the 2 year old, I knew she wouldn't be able to tell the difference in the lower case and capital p


This smelled amazing!


 Day 2- 

GREAT fine motor practice!  I couldn't find orange beads so the kids picked black.  
LOVED this activity!





Pumpkin handprints



Wow... this made me realized that we need to work more on writing numbers!  This was for the 4 year old by the way.  You could maybe do the adding with a younger child if you have them count the pumpkins one by one.  




I printed this off in black and white for the 4 year old so he could practice his reading skills and printed it in color for the 2 year old so she could practice her colors.  The red pumpkin kind of took over! 

Day 3- 


Love this little book!  We never actually made the book, just tried to draw on the faces.


Here is the surprise face!



Here is her excited face!



Loved this!  Kind of felt like we were doing a little science experiment!  


what does the pumpkin sound like?
smell like? 
taste like?
look like? 



So this activity looks super cute but it was very parent involved.  The 4 year old did a little bit of the cutting of the paper slits, and maybe rolled one or two of the circles but couldn't staple by himself.  I basically did all of the activity for the 2 year old except for the gluing.  But it sure is cute! 

(2 year old)

(4 year old)

Sink or float?
Never actually got around to doing this one.
I was planning on filling up the bathtub and throwing a pumpkin in.
Maybe next year!



Other Pumpkin activities- 

Visit a pumpkin patch



Paint a pumpkin!


Visit my P Pinterest Board for other great Pumpkin activities!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Finally someone writes about best seo company reviews.



Also visit my homepage engines measure

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes