Friday, January 14, 2011

Letter B- Week 2

So I stuck with just one theme when we covered the letter a... Apples.  After completing that week, I didn't really feel like my son got that other things besides apples started with the /a/.  So for the B week, I wanted to have a variety of things that began with the /b/.  The first one being band-aids... 

B is for Band-aid

For this activity, I had my son take his favorite band-aids and place them in between the lines of the B.  (This was great practice for him since he can't really color between the lines yet.)  



B is for Balloon

This was a great review of shape and color activity that my son had to match the shapes inside the balloon and them glue them in the correct place.  I then cut it out for him and he glued it to a blue sheet of construction paper and then used cotton balls as clouds.  







 We also made our own hot air balloon by getting a free balloon from Harris Teeter and then taping string to to it on two sides and then punching holes into a cup and tying the string into the holes.  This was less complicated than it sounds :)  


B is for Butterfly

Click here to print this puzzle 


Butterfly coloring page 







Capital and Lower case sorting activity


B is for Books!

Each week, I go online and reserve books that focus on the letter of the week at our local library.  That way, they pull all the books for me and I only have to go once a week straight to the reserve section and grab my books.  Searching for books with two little ones isn't very fun for me! I usually try and read at least two or three books a day that coordinate with the activities we are working on.  For example, I checked out three books about buses this week.  I read Jason's Bus ride, then completed the bus activity below, then read the Wheels on the Bus.  Books are also a great way to break up lessons and transition into the next activity. 

Here are a few of my favorites for our B week..
The Baby Goes Beep
Jason's Bus Ride
Bossy Bear
The Seals on the Bus 
The Wheels on the Bus 
I am a Backhoe
My "b" sound book (LOVE THIS ONE!)
The Barefooted Bad tempered Baby Brigade 
Bedtime Bunnies



B is for Building and blocks 




B is for Bus

Go here for directions for this activity



B is for Barn 



B is for Bee






And we finished off our week eating a BoBerry Biscuit from Bojangles watching a Word World about the letter B!  (When I don't want my son to make a huge mess in the living room while watching tv and eating, I will wheel in my daughters high chair for him!) 


Here are some other things we did during our B week that I didn't capture pictures of... 

Blow Bubbles
Make a boat craft 
Ride a bike
Played with our many Bus toys


Please comment with your link to any other B activities that you can find!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Quick question that's entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My website looks weird when viewing from my apple iphone. I'm trying to find
a theme or plugin that might be able to resolve this issue.
If you have any suggestions, please share. Thanks!

Feel free to visit my blog post - francesca battistelli strangely dim lyrics

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes