Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Letter A week- Apples, Ants, Alligators, and Astronauts (Day 2)

Day 2

Today we continued to talk about apples because lets just be honest, there are SO many fun and cute apple crafts out there that it is way to hard to narrow them down!

Tuesday
(apples)


Make apple muffins


This was a little more challenging that I thought it would be.  I cut the toilet paper roll and then had them paint it 


We then used a stapler to add the green painted leaf....



We used a Trader Joes paper bag and I drew an apple shape and cut them out.  The kiddos painted them.  As you can tell, my 2 year old was in a great mood and loved painting today! 


We used a hole puncher and yarn to lace up most of the apple then stuffed it with tissue paper.  This activity did need my assistance quiet a bit lining up the hole and keeping the apple together.



(Learning Development activities) 

For my 2 year old, I only used the numbers 1, 2, and 3
The 4 year old had the numbers 1-10 on this apple baskets. 



I had to get a little creative here since we didn't have brown paper in the house... we just used brown marker and colored white paper!  It actually made it more "bark like" if that is even a word!  Yay for not planning ahead! 


This activity was great at teaching the kids that glue sticks dry quickly and we should only use a little glue at a time. 



4 year old's final product


2 year old's final product 


Short vowel (cvc words) apple reading! 
(Toddler Approved) 

I LOVED this activity!  It did however take some planning prep time.  I laminated the apple so I could use a dry erase marker for the vowel and the kiddos colored the sticks for me.  For those that aren't familiar with the term (cvc), it stands for Consonant, Vowel, Consonant.  These are the first type of words little ones should start with when learning how to read.





other A activities for this week...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes